BÀI TẬP TRẮC NGHIỆM TIẾNG ANH LỚP 9 UNIT 7
Mời các em cùng tham khảo Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 7 Saving Energy Số 1 để ôn tập lại các kiến thức đã học, đánh giá năng lực làm bài của mình thông qua việc tự giải các dạng bài tập được chúng tôi sưu tập. Từ đó, các em có thể tự tin chuẩn bị kiến thức cho kì thi sắp tới được tốt hơn với số điểm cao như mong muốn.
Giải bài tập SGK tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 7: Saving energy
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 7: Saving energy có đáp án
II. Choose the words that has a different stress pattern from the others.
III. Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1. She asked “Will it rain tonight?”
In reported speech, this should be read _____.
A. She asked me would it rain tonight. B. She asked me it would rain that night.
C. She asked me if it would rain tonight. D. She asked me if it would rain that night.
2. Do you happen to know _____?
A. what his name B. what his name is
C. what is his name D. what was his name
3. The teacher told his students _____ the mistakes again.
A. not make B. not to make C. don’t make D. won’t make
4. Besides in – class assignments, our teacher often gives some _____ for us to do at home.
A. housework B. class work C. homework D. teamwork
5. Jack has a good memory. He can learn these vocabulary items _____ easily.
A. with heart B. in mind C. by heart D. of mind
6. It’s difficult to remember these grammar rules. ~ Oh, try to do all _____ exercises in this grammar book.
A. learning B. studying C. working D. grammar
7. Use a _____ to check up the words you want to know about.
A. book B. magazine C. dictionary D. newspaper
8. What time does your English class _____ and end?
A. start B. open C. leave D. get
9. First we have to pass the written _____, then we take the oral exam.
A. questions B. quiz C. exam D. form
10. I like learning languages. I want _____ an extensive course of English.
A. to come B. to attend C. to get D. to have
11. I think we can practice our listening and speaking skills by _____.
A. joining an English speaking club B. watching English programs
C. speaking English with friends D. All are correct
12. Do you happen to know the name of the _____?
A. examination B. examiner C. exam D. examining
13. Ofcourse as a student I want _____ all the exams.
A. to pass B. to fail C. to get D. to do
14. What _____ of learning English do you find most difficult? Is it grammar rules or speaking?
A. type B. form C. kind D. aspect
15. My sister hair isn’t _______
A. fast B. curly C. slim D. sociable
16. He likes telling jokes. He has a sense of ___________.
A. orphan B. neighbor C. volunteer D. humor
17. Everybody loves him because of his good __________.
A. character B. person C. member D. public
18. The sun _________ in the east.
A. rise B. rises C. rose D. risen
19. My friends prefer _________ outside the classroom.
A. to be B. was C. being D. are
20. Each of us __________ different character.
A. have B. has C. have had D. had
21. Are you _________ lift the table.
A. enough strong to B. strong enough to C. too strong to D. too strong
22. What is your Dad _________?
A. look like B. alike C. like D. likely
23. Most of us spend time __________ sports in summer.
A. play B. to play C. playing D. played
24. My pen-friends love __________ the countryside.
A. in B. at C. on D. from
25. Lan introduces her Mom __________ new friends.
A. with B. of C. to D. in
26. She’ll be here ________ Christmas.
A. at B. on C. in D. during
27. I suggest that you __________work harder on your pronunciation.
A. can B. should C. would D. could
28. I suggest using energy-saving bulb__________ our electricity bill
A. to reduce B. reducing C. reduces D. reduced
29. The__________ coast can expect thunderstorm.
A. central – south B. south – central C. center south D. south middle
30. Trang has just won the first prize in the __________ contest.
A. speaking-English B. English speaking C. English spoken D. spoken English
31. I got up late in the morning because my a larm clock didn’t__________
A. go off B. get off C. put off D. come off
32. Solar panels__________ on the roof of a house to receive the energy from the sun
A. is put B. is installed C. are putting D. are installed
32. Energy-saving bulbs should be used__________ electricity.
A. save B. saving C. to save D. to saving
33. Mrs. Mi suggests__________ showers to save water.
A. making B. take C. make D. taking
34. That ‘s wonderful. I’m pleased __________ you are working hard.
A. with B. that C. what D. where
35. He dedicates all his life to __________ the environment.
A. protecting B. protected C. making D. taking
36. If we pollute the water, we will have no __________ water to use.
A. hot B. cold C. cool D. fresh
37. We want people to be aware__________ problem of pollution.
A. to B. in C. of D. with
38. If you __________ find your place, I will help you get there with this map.
A. can’t B. can C. couldn’t D. could
39. We couldn’t keep__________ cleaning the beach because it started to rain.
A. about B. on C. at D. with
40. He denied__________ her last night.
A. meet B. to meet C. meting D. meeting
41. There are many__________ which internet users have to suffer
A. dangerous B. risks C. poisons D. badly
42. Let’s go to the cinema, __________?
A. don’t we B. don’t they C. do we D. shall we
43. Oh dear ! How __________ our household bills are ! We can’t pay them.
A. heavy B. enormous C. small D. low
44. In winter, heating _________ for 50 percent of our electricity bill.
A. takes B. occupies C. accounts D. costs
45. Energy can be collected by solar __________ on cloudy days.
A. boards B. panels C. bars D. sheets
46. If we don’t find _____ sources of power, we will use up all the fossil fuels in the near future.
A. effective B. efficient C. natural D. alternative
47. We want to use solar energy, __________ it cannot be used on cloudy days.
A. but B. so C. because D. however
48. Are wind power ___________ solar power new kinds of energy for future use?
A. and B. or C. with D. but
49. He is always broke, He can afford neither luxuries ________ basic necessities.
A. or B. nor C. and D. but
50. Her husband bought not only two energy-saving light bulbs but _______ one cheap washing machine last Sunday.
A. also B. too C. as well D. some
IV. Complete the sentence with the one word given below. One word can be used for more than one sentence: for/ up/ after/ on/ off/ away/ in
- Who’s going to look ______ the children while you’re away?
- “Turn ______ the TV for me, will you? I want to watch the cartoon.
- She’s looked ______ her keys everywhere.
- Turn ______ the radio. I’m working.
- If we go ______ littering, the environment will become seriously polluted.
- Don’t throw these newspapers ______.
- Could you fill ______ this form?
- Don’t wake the baby ______. Let him sleep.
- Don’t believe her. She’s just made ______ the story.
- Susan took ______ her coat and put it on the sofa.
V. Fill in the blanks with proper words, then answer the following questions.
power – effective – nuclear – advanced – pollution
heat – stored – electricity – energy – panels
Are you looking for a cheap, clean, (1) ________ source of power that doesn’t cause (2) ________ or waste natural resources? Look no further than solar (3) ________ from our Sun.
At present, most of our (4) ________ comes from the use of coal and gas, oil or (5) ________ power. This power could be provided by the Sun. one percent of the solar energy that reaches the Earth is enough to provide (6) ________ for the total population.
Many countries are already using solar energy. Solar (7) ________ are placed on the roofs of a house and the Sun’s energy is used to (8) water. The energy can be (9) ________ for a number of days, so on cloudy days you can use solar energy, too.
Sweden has an (10) ________ solar energy program. There, all buildings will be heated by solar energy and cars will use solar power instead of gas by the year 2015.