Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8 Celebrations Số 2
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8 Celebrations Số 2 là bộ sưu tập bài tập bổ trợ tiếng anh lớp 9 từ cơ bản đến nâng cao, nhằm giúp các em có thể tự mình ôn tập và củng cố thêm về nền tảng kiến thức môn Anh văn, tự tin đạt kết quả tốt trong kỳ thi học kỳ 1 sắp tới.
Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8 Celebrations
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8: Celebrations có đáp án
Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8: Celebrations
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. A. proud B. around C. although D. about
2 A. priority B. sticky C. charity D. active
3. A. celebrate B. congratulate C. nominate D. considerate
4. A. generous B. groom C. hug D. gift
5. A. parade B. lunar C. acquaintance D. apart
6. A. active B. ancient C. celebrate D. nominate
7. A. humor B. compose C. decorate D. innovate
8. A. guest B. groom C. generous D. hug
II. Choose the words that has a different stress pattern from the others.
1. A. elevate B. liquefy C. separate D. represent
2. A. bother B. include C. injure D. struggle
3. A. comfort B. migrant C. typhoon D. nature
4. A. contact B. annoy C. transmi D. escape
5. A. tragedy B. gallery C. departure D. festival
6. A. abrupt B. ancient C. replace D. suggest
7. A. interactive B. inspiration C. compulsory D. intermediate
8. A. conservation B. pollution C. innovation D. limitation
III. Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1. Let’s _______ to the cinema
A. going B. to go C. go D. goes
2. Nga _______ Math in Qui Nhon University for 4 years but now she teaches in her home village
A. to learn B. learning C. learnt D. has learnt
3. She _______try to learn English for her job
a is B. has C. must D. was
4. We will go _______a picnic next week
A. in B. at C. on D. to
5. The people_______live in Viet nam speak Vietnamese.
A. which B. whom C. who D. when
6. Do you know the man_______you met yesterday?
A. when B. who C. which D. whose
7. She studies well_______she is busy.
A. because B. since C. although D. and
8. Is he an actor_______a singer? – An actor.
A. and B. or C. but D. so
9. She won’t take all these suitcases _______she likes to travel light
A. so B but C. because D. therefore
10. Can you turn_______the light? It is too dark
A. on B. off C. down D. up
11. If you like that book, I will give it _______you as my present
A. for B. from C. at D. to
12. If you know where she lives, please let me _______
A. know B. knew C. known D. to know
13. Excuse me. Can I _______in this area?
A. smoke B. smoking C. smoked D. to smoke
14. The car_______he has just bought is made in England.
A. who B. whom C. which D. whose
15. I am preparing for the picnic_______my friends tomorrow
A. at B. to C. in D. with
16. It snowed in Lang Son_______the winter_______2002
A. in/ of B. in/ in C. at/ for D. for/ at
17. Neil Armstrong, _______walked on the moon, lived in the USA.
A. which B. whom C. who D. that
18. My parents didn’t allow me _______, so I had to stay at home
A. go B. to go C. going D. gone
19. I want everybody to listen _______.
A. care B. careful C. careless D. carefully
20. If we became rich, we would travel _______ the world
A. on B. in C. of D. around
21. I’ve known him _______I left school.
A. when B. before C. until D. since
22. She has two children to look after, so she’s looking for a_______job in her neighborhood
A. part-time B. full time C. skilled D. low-paid
23. Maria’s English is excellent. She speaks English _______.
A. very perfect B. perfective C. perfectively D. perfectly
24. _______ is a large building in the college or university where students live.
A. Campus B. Hall C. Institute D. Dormitory
25. I’m looking _______to hearing from you.
A. at B. after C. over D. forward
26. You should clear _______all the trash on ground before living.
A. over B. out C. off D. up
27. Crops are sprayed with _______ to kill insects
A. fertilizer B. manure C. dung D. pesticide
28. I’m late, _______?
A. I am B. are I C. am I not D. aren’t I
29. He asked me _______ I believed the ghosts.
A. when B. if C. whether D. both a and b
30. If you _______Joanna, ask her to come and see me
A. meet B. will meet C. met D. can meet
31. Industry, vehicles and garbage disposal account for _______.
A. water pollution B. pollution of oil C. air pollution D. pollution of river
32. She asked me _______in my spare time.
A. what I did B. what do I do C. what did I do D. what I have done
33. Who looks _______your children when you are away from home?
A. for B. at C. after D. to
34. He got wet _______he forgot his umbrella.
A. because of B. because C. but D. and
35. He is going to the post office_______he wants to send a letter.
A. because B. but C. and D. moreover
36. Dickens is my _______English novelist
A. preferable B. favorable C. favorite D. likeable
37. He_______English for 4 years.
A. learns B. learnt C. has learnt D. will learn
38. Young people are fond of _______ Jeans.
A. to wear B. wearing C. wore D. worn
39. She sings very_______.
A. beauty B. beautiful C. beautify D. beautifully
40. She asked me where I _______ from.
A. come B. came C. to come D. coming
41. He was born_______ 15th January
A. on B. at C. of D. in
42. If he_______free time, he will go swimming.
A. has B. had C. will have D. is having
43. Peter plays soccer very well, _______he?
A. does B. did C. doesn’t D. didn’t
44. Could you please stop_______so much noise?
A. make B. making C. made D. to make
45. If the_______continues, what will happen?
A. pollution B. pollute C. polluted D. polluting
46. He is tired now_______he stayed up late watching TV.
A. so B. because C. but D. and
47. Be_______! He is looking at you.
A. care B. careful C. carefully D. carelessly
48. I suggest_______ to the movies
A. go B. to go C. going D. went
49. Remember to turn _______ the lights before going to bed.
A. of B. off C. on D. up
50. People _______ take physical exercise can live longer.
A. who B. whom C. which D. when
VI. Fill in the blanks with proper words, then answer the following questions.
of – up – from – with – on – for – to – after
St. Valentine’s Day is a celebration (1) ________ romance and love. This holiday comes (2) ________ an ancient Roman festival called the Feast of Lupercalia (3) ________ a Roman called St. Valentine who was martyred (4) ________ refusing to give (5) ________ Christianity. He died (6) ________ February 14th, and the date was set aside to honor him. St. valentine was named the patron saint of lovers and February 14th became the dated for exchanging love letters or massages and for sending flowers (usually red roses), and chocolate candy (7) ________ a loved one. St. valentine’s Day colors are red and white. School children have classroom parties (8) ________ Valentine candy and pass out Valentine cards to each other.
V. Choose the sentences that best fit in meaning for the given words below
1. there/ new/ customs/ different/ be/ countries/ for/ celebrating/ year.
A. There are customs different countries for celebrating the New Year.
B. There are various customs for celebrating the New Year in different countries.
C. There are customs in different countries for celebrating New Year.
D. There is customs in different countries for celebrating the New Year.
2. day / May/ celebrated/ mother’s/ second/ Sunday.
A. Mother’s day celebrated on the second Sunday in May.
B. Mother’s day was celebrated on the second Sunday in May.
C. Mother’s day is celebrated the second Sunday in May.
D. Mother’s day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May.
3. best/ Mom/ gift/ for/ of all/ American/ day/ leisure/ is.
A. The best gift of all for American Mom is the day of leisure.
B. The best gift for all American Mom is the day of leisure.
C. The best gift of all for an American Mom is a day of leisure.
D. The best gift of all for American Mom is a day of leisure.
4. Sunday/ Father’s Day/ be/ celebrated/ third/ June/ countries.
A. Father’s Day celebrated the third Sunday in June in countries.
B. Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June in some countries.
C. Father’s Day is celebrated on third Sunday June in some countries.
D. Father’s Day celebrated the third Sunday in June in some countries.
5. celebrate/ Independence/ we/ Day/ second/ September.
A. We celebrate Independence Day the second of September.
B. We celebrate our Independence Day the second of September.
C. We celebrate Independence Day on second September.
D. We celebrate our Independence Day on the second of September.
6. “Ring a bell”/ be/ Christmas Eve/ song/ which/ sung.
A. “Ring a bell” was a song which sung in Christmas Eve.
B. “Ring a bell” is a song which is sung on Christmas Eve.
C. “Ring a bell” is a song which sung at Christmas Eve.
D. “Ring a bell” is a song which was sung on Christmas Eve.
7. be/ important/ part/ Mother’s Day/ flowers.
A. Flowers are important part on Mother’s Day.
B. Flowers are important of Mother’s Day.
Flowers are an important of Mother’s Day.
D. Flowers are part of Mother’s Day.
8. what/ you/ often/ do/ birthday?
A. What do you often on your birthday?
B. What do you often do on your birthday?
C. What are you often do on your birthday?
D. What do you often do on birthday?
9. we/ go/ zoo/ if/ it/ be/ nice/ Sunday
A. We go to the zoo if it is nice on Sunday.
B. We will go to zoo if it is nice on Sunday.
C. We will go to the zoo if it is nice on Sunday.
D. We will go to the zoo if it is nice Sunday.
10. they/ invited/ I’d/ go/ if.
A. If they invited me
B. I’d go if they invited
C. If they invited I’d go
D. If they invited me, I’d go